Revision Date: April 27, 2020
1. Collection of Information:
Information You Provide Us: There may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product) when we ask you to provide certain Identifiers, such as your name, shipping/billing address, birthdate and other information. We may also collect information about you when you contact our customer service team, engage with us on social media, or otherwise interact with us.If you are making a purchase on the Site, you may be asked to provide
Other Information We Collect: When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Commercial Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Geolocation Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
Finally, we may collect other content and information you share through the Services or Program when you submit information or content, such as by commenting on a blog or participating in online forums or communities, or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may also derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
2. Information Use
We use your information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and to provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by hemp.co and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Company and its Brands;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from our Services, and from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or permitted by law.
- With Service Providers. We may disclose your information to vendors, consultants and other service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, web hosting and operations of our Application, product fulfillment, shipment, recruitment, employment, research, IT, to process opt-out requests, to assist us in responding to consumer requests for access, deletion, or correction of information, direct mail and email distribution, site analytics and operations or legal and compliance services).
- With Legal and Law Enforcement. We may share information collected about you with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other customer to legal liability or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- In Connection with a Change of Control. We may transfer or disclose your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- With your Consent. We may share your information with your consent or at your specific direction
4. Additional Notice to California Residents
Sale of Personal Information - We do not sell your Personal Information for money but we and our business partners use tracking technologies to help us to understand our customers, aggregate sales data, product preferences and services to enhance your online experience, and to customize our offerings in ways that may be deemed a “sale” of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (“CCPA”). This includes working with third parties such as ad networks which collect information via tracking technologies to personalize advertisements, provide us with data collection, reporting, and ad response measurement. To the extent we or our partners use such technologies on the Site, we offer an opt-out as discussed below in “Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information”.
Your CCPA Rights - This Section lists the privacy-related rights (“Rights”) that California users have under the CCPA regarding their personal information. This Section describes your Rights and how to exercise those Rights.
Right to Know and Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Right to Know, Access, and Delete below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Promotions or Sweepstakes. We may offer sweepstakes or other promotions online or at participating stores. For more information on these events, please contact the participating stores or review the applicable rules and/or terms and conditions.
- Reward Program. Company offers a reward program, where customers can earn rewards, accumulate points on purchases, access exclusive promos and be the first to know about new products and limited releases. No purchase is required to become a member.
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that the Company delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please email email@example.com
Verification: Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered member, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser or device ID).
Do Not Track Signals: Our systems do not recognize "Do Not Track" signals to the extent received from a web browser. Because there currently is not a universally accepted technological or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals as reflections of user choice, we do not respond to them at this time. Once such technology is created and has received applicable regulatory approval, we will consider (a) whether it is possible; and (b) if so how it can be incorporated within our environment in the future.
5. Additional Notice for Nevada Residents
7. Your Responsibilities - We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log out of your Account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your Account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
8. Protecting Underage Persons - We takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of persons under the age of 21. We do not permit anyone under the age of 21 to register with us. We also do not send email or text messaging correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 21.